Journal of Government and Politics (JGP) is a peer-reviewed Journal, published quarterly a year by Asia Pacific Society for Public Affairs (APSPA). APSPA is founded by the scientists and social activists from several universities in the Asia Pacific regions to respond social, political, law, environmental, policy, economical, business and human issues. All of these issues framed in how public affairs was managed by policy makers and the people who led by each leaders in every country in the Asia Pacific.
The JGP serves as a bridge between politics on the one hand and public administration and policy studies scholarship on the other. Its multidisciplinary aim is to advance the political science, organizational, administrative, and policy sciences as they apply to government and governance. The journal is committed to unique and rigorous scholarship and serves for the best conceptual and theory-based research work in the field.
Journal of Government and Politics International Conference (JGP-IC) is an annual meeting that facilitates scholars, researchers, post-graduate students, and practitioners on government and politics to discuss and present their papers. It also serves to foster communication among researchers, scholars and practitioners working in a wide variety of scientific areas with a similar concern.
The 3rd JGP-IC will be held in Yogyakarta, Indonesia on November 6th, 2018. English is the official language of the conference. We welcome paper and poster submissions. Prospective authors are invited to submit full and original research papers/posters which are NOT yet submitted/published/under consideration anywhere in other conferences and journals.
CALL FOR PAPER AND POSTER
According to the background, we proudly invite academics, practitioners, and professionals to participate in the conference by sending us a paper regarding the topics either theoretically or practically. The conference proposes several, but not limited to, themes and sub-themes as follow:
- Public policy and governance administration
- Digital democracy
- Green politics
- Decentralization, local governance and politics
- Gender equality
- Justice and strong institution
- Partnership and communities
- Conflict, politics and religion
- Urban planning
- Political parties and election
All accepted full papers/posters will be published in CD based proceeding, an ISBN book and selected papers will be published on reputable journals. The proceeding will be circulated to the presenters during the conference. The journal partners are Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs (Scopus-indexed journal) and Journal Government and Politics (reputable journal).
- Demonstrate a clear research field and highlight the core subject of the paper/poster.
- Have a background, problem(s) and objectives of the paper/poster.
- Be a minimum of 300 words, and no more than 350 words, including title of the paper/poster and keywords.
- Keywords are between four and seven words.
- Mention author(s) names, institutional affiliation(s) and email address(es).
- Be written in English.
- Not be published elsewhere.
Full Paper Submission
- 000-7.000 words (including tables, graphs, footnotes and references), written in English. Full paper should be submitted with a payment receipt of the registration. For citation format, please follow the APA style of referencing.
- Paper can be written in person or group of max. 3 persons. Both abstract, full paper and poster can be submitted to email@example.com.
- Poster in printed form amounting to 1 (one) sheet size height x width is 70 cm x 50 cm mounted vertically;
- Posters can be read properly within a maximum distance of 7 feet or about 2 meters;
- Maximum number of words 250;
- Typographic guidelines:
- Text is written flat left (left justified), unless there is interleaving space arrangement); and typed with a spacing of 1.2 spacing (line spacing).
- Subtitles are written in larger sizes than text (can also be written by underlining or by using bold);
- Maximal column length of 11 words; 2 types of typeface; it is not permissible to use all capital letters;
- The contents of the poster must be read structured for ease of ‘navigation’;
- Poster must contain:
- The upper part contains the title, author’s name, and logo of the college;
- The center (the content) contains Background (Introductory or Abstract), Methods, Main Research Results (Text and Image or Photography /Schematics), Conclusions, And References (additional); and
- The bottom can be inserted sponsor or agency logo, contact details, date and time of study.
- Posters created using Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Power Point and other similar applications (graphics, charts or photographic documentation results can be displayed);
- Poster file resolution arrange 1024 x 1024 pixels until 3543 x 3543 pixels;
- Poster file in jpg / JPEG format with maximum size 5 MB.
Accepted full papers and posters will be published in CD based proceeding, an ISBN book and selected papers will be published in Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs (Scopus-indexed journal) and Journal Government and Politics (reputable journal). The proceeding will be circulated to the presenters during the conference and it is will be published online indexed in Google scholar.
ORGANIZER AND COLLABORATION
3rd JGP International Conference is organized by Department of Government Affairs and Administration, Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta (UMY), Indonesia. To succeeding the conference, the organizer is cooperating with by some institutions below:
- International Program of Governmental Affairs and Administration (IGOV), Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta
- Jusuf Kalla School of Government (JKSG), Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta
- Magister Ilmu Pemerintahan (Master Program of Governmental Affairs and Administration, MIP), Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta
- Asia Pacific Society for Public Affairs (APSPA)
- Asosiasi Dosen Ilmu Pemerintahan Seluruh Indonesia (Indonesian Lecturer Association for Government Affairs, ADIPSI)
- Kesatuan Program Studi Ilmu Pemerintahan Indonesia (Indonesian Unity of Department of Government Studies, KAPSIPI)
- Journal of Government and Politics (JGP), indexed and abstracted by DOAJ, BASE, Crossref, Indonesian Publication Index (IPI), Index Copernicus, ASEAN Citation Index, Google Scholar, CiteFactor, Arjuna and SINTA.
- Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs, Scopus-indexed journal (Hamburg, Germany)
|Paper and Poster Abstract Submission||February 19th- May 14th 2018|
|Notification of Abstract Acceptance||June 4th, 2018|
|Full Paper and Poster Submission Deadline||August 20th, 2018|
|Notification of Full Paper and Poster Acceptance||September 3rd, 2018|
|Early Bird||August 20th-September 15th 2018|
|Regular||September 16th-October 20th, 2018|
|Late||October 20th-November 6th, 2018|
|The Conference||November 6th, 2018|
|Early Bird Registration||90 USD (1.215.000 IDR)/author|
|Regular Registration||110 USD (1.485.000 IDR)/author|
|Late Registration||125 USD ( 1.687.500 IDR)/author|
|Regular Registration||250.000 IDR/observer|
This price is including certificate, lunch and proceeding. There is a limited fund for international presenters and will be selected by the committees based on their paper quality.
The different between author and observer is that the former has right to present his/her paper and the paper will be published in the proceeding while the latter is not. Other rights are precisely same.
DATE AND VENUE
The conference will be held on November 6th, 2018 in Postgraduate School Building, Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta, Indonesia.